The Village of Williamsville is a unique area within the town of Amherst in Erie County, NY. Williamsville is a charming small-town community consisting of numerous locally owned specialty shops with a variety of events and festivals held throughout the year. The Williamsville Central School District is one of the best school districts in Western New York. The Village of Williamsville is just a few miles west of Buffalo and 30 minutes southeast of Niagara Falls.
These cities are both rich in historical and cultural significance to the Greater Niagara Region and offer an assortment of activities to enjoy. Buffalo provides a collection of different cuisines, performing arts, professional sports and outdoor recreation. Buffalo has an international airport and operates three colleges within the State University of New York (SUNY) system. The city of Niagara Falls offers several outdoor attractions, including Niagara Falls, Cave of the Winds, Maid of the Mist, and the Niagara Gorge Trail System. It also lies on the international border between the United States and Canada, and the city of Toronto is two hours away.
Things to do in the Greater Niagara Region include:
- Craft Breweries
- Niagara Wine Trail
- Seasonal fruit picking at farms
- Architecture tours
- Art/craft shows
- Historical sites (Erie Canal, Old Fort Niagara)
- Live Music, Theater
- Professional Sports (Buffalo Bills, Sabres, Bisons)
- Boating, Kayaking/Canoeing (Lake Erie and Ontario)
- Restored waterfronts (Buffalo, Lewiston)
- Snow Shoeing & Cross-Country Skiing
- Skiing/Snowboarding/Snowmobiling in the mountainous Southern Tier regions (1 hour south of Williamsville)