Do you enjoy challenging work and project variety?
Are you interested in applying your technical training and organizational skills to help grow a small company serving the water resource and energy sectors?
If so, Gomez and Sullivan Engineers would like to hear from you.
We are a growing engineering and environmental science consulting firm with a national reputation for excellence. We are seeking a motivated individual committed to continuing this tradition. Our company has an anticipated opening for an Administrative Support Specialist in our Henniker, NH office location. The anticipated start date for this position is February 15th, 2021. During the COVID-19 pandemic this position will be partially remote and partially in-office as needed. Gomez and Sullivan is committed to the health of our employees and communities and have successfully implemented COVID-19 safety measures in each of our office locations.
The position requires organizational skills, multi-tasking, and attention to detail. Our small-office environment requires a team player attitude and flexibility with a variety of daily tasks. The position offers opportunities for growth in areas such as business development and technical writing for motivated individuals with a desire to proactively seek out ways to support and advance the company.
Our New York and New Hampshire offices comprise a multi-disciplined team of engineers, scientists, technicians, and support staff that promotes close coordination and team building. The company is employee-focused and encourages an atmosphere of continued learning, exposure to a wide variety of responsibilities, and frequent interaction with the firm’s principals. We are seeking a committed, detail-oriented individual who will be able to utilize their knowledge, experience, and current software technologies for our clients’ immediate and future projects.
- Maintain day-to-day office activities by conducting a variety of general administrative tasks and clerical duties, including, but not limited to: reviewing routine invoices for payment, file maintenance, scanning, copying, travel arrangements, expense reports, etc.
- Plan and coordinate office events and client and company meetings
- Answer phones, transfer calls, and relay messages
- Compose, proof, edit, format, print, and bind documents, including, but not limited to: correspondence, reports, proposals, materials for publications and presentations, etc.
- Provide basic IT and MS Office support as well as routine maintenance/ troubleshooting for office equipment including computers, printers, etc.
- Provide support to the firm’s principals and all staff as needed
- Support the firm’s business development activities as needed
- Other miscellaneous tasks/projects as requested
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong in oral and written communication of technical material
- Excellent phone and personal skills
- Advanced writing and editing skills, including technical writing
- 3 to 10 years of experience providing administrative support
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office/Office 365 (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability and desire to learn and write about technical aspects of the firm’s various fields of work
- Ability to work independently with a high level of organization
- Strong aptitude for computers and ability to learn new software and programs
- Disposition to manage confidential information
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop or InDesign a plus
- Experience using MS Teams and MS SharePoint a plus
- Experience creating professional social media content for a business a plus
- Communications background a plus
- Business development and/or administrative support in engineering or environmental consulting field a plus
Gomez and Sullivan offers a competitive benefits package including medical insurance (cost shared) for all regular full-time employees and their families, long-term disability, sick, vacation, holidays, education assistance programs, plus 401K and profit sharing. We are a successful business with a firm belief in treating our team of professionals as well as we treat our clients, and we maintain a personable, positive work environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, disability or marital status.