Do you enjoy challenging work and project variety?
Are you interested in applying your technical training and organizational skills to help grow a small company serving the water resource and energy sectors?
If so, Gomez and Sullivan Engineers would like to hear from you.
We are a growing engineering consulting firm with a national reputation for excellence. We are seeking a motivated individual committed to continuing this tradition. Our company has an immediate opening for an Administrative Support Specialist in our Henniker, NH office location.
This position will provide office and technical support for the firm’s principal and staff. Responsibilities will include general administrative tasks and clerical duties, as well as composing, formatting, editing, and printing documents for review and final submittal. The position requires organizational skills, multi-tasking, and attention to detail, and the ability and desire to learn technical aspects of the firm’s various fields of work. The successful candidate will have excellent oral and written communications skills as well as computer skills. A communications background and/or legal experience would be a plus. Our small-office environment requires a team player attitude and flexibility with a variety of daily tasks. The position offers opportunities for growth in areas such as business development, technical writing, or contracting.
Our New York and New Hampshire offices comprise a multi-disciplined team of engineers, scientists, technicians, and support staff that promotes close coordination and team building. The company is employee-focused and encourages an atmosphere of continued learning, exposure to a wide variety of responsibilities, and frequent interaction with the firm’s principals. We are seeking a committed, detail-oriented individual who will be able to utilize their knowledge, experience, and current software technologies for our clients’ immediate and future projects.
- Maintain day-to-day office activities by conducting a variety of general administrative tasks, including, but not limited to: scanning, copying, travel arrangements, expense reports, etc.
- Plan and coordinate office events and client and company meetings
- Answer phones, transfer calls, and relay messages
- Compose, proof, edit, format, print, and bind documents, including, but not limited to: correspondence, reports, proposals, materials for publications and presentations, etc.
- Provide basic IT and MS Office support as well as routine maintenance/ troubleshooting for office equipment including computers, printers, etc.
- Provide support to one of the firm’s principals and all staff as needed
- Support the firm’s business development activities as needed
- Review and mark up contracts
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, legal, or a related field or in the biological or physical sciences preferred
- Strong in oral and written communication of technical material
- 5 to 15 years of experience providing administrative or marketing support
- Strong aptitude for computers and ability to learn new software and programs
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office/Office 365 (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Experience with MS SharePoint, Publisher, Project, or Adobe Photoshop and InDesign a plus
- Advanced writing and editing skills, including technical writing
- Ability and desire to learn and write about technical aspects of the firm’s various fields of work
- Ability to work independently with a high level of organization
- Disposition to manage confidential information
- Excellent phone and personal skills
- Communications background and/or legal experience a plus
Gomez and Sullivan offers a competitive benefits package including medical insurance (cost shared) for all regular full-time employees and their families, long-term disability, sick, vacation, holidays, education assistance programs, plus 401K and profit sharing. We are a successful business with a firm belief in treating our team of professionals as well as we treat our clients, and we maintain a personable, positive work environment.