Feeling underappreciated? Tired of late hours and working on weekends?
Reward yourself—work for a professional company that appreciates you.
Do you enjoy challenging work and project variety?
Are you interested in applying your talents to a company that provides innovative solutions for the water resource and renewable (green) energy sectors?
If so, Gomez and Sullivan Engineers would like to hear from you.
Gomez and Sullivan is a growing firm with a national reputation for excellence, and we are seeking a motivated individual committed to continuing this tradition. Our company has an immediate opening for a full-time Business Administration/Accounting Professional in our Utica, NY office location. The successful candidate will perform a range of duties, including: accounting associated with monthly invoicing, bookkeeping, payroll processing, financial reporting and tax preparation. The successful candidate should be willing to perform additional administrative and HR tasks and provide support to our engineering staff as needed. The position will require multi-tasking, and attention to detail and the ability to handle confidential information are a MUST. Our small-office environment requires a team player attitude and flexibility with a variety of daily tasks.
- Accounts receivable (monthly invoicing and tracking, account status responses upon request)
- Accounts payable
- Payroll processing and associated human resource reporting/quarterly payroll tax reporting
- Reconciliation of bank and credit card accounts
- Support corporate tax preparation by an outside CPA firm
- Annual corporate filings with multiple states
- Accrual & overhead reporting
- Providing financial reporting and business management support to CEO/CFO, including developing and monitoring budgets
- Project support to technical staff
- Four-year degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or related field
- Strong background in accounts receivable/payable
- Experience with payroll and financial reporting
- Mature individual who is able to handle sensitive financial information appropriately
- Experience working with databases and accounting programs (i.e. QuickBooks Accounting)
- Adept with Microsoft Office/Office 365 (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Aptitude to work independently with a high level of organization
- Initiative to perform beyond their assigned tasks
- Experience in corporate/personal income tax reporting and/or HR and benefits administration is a plus
- CPA is a plus
Gomez and Sullivan offers a competitive benefits package including medical insurance (cost shared) for all regular full-time employees and their families, long-term disability, sick, vacation, holidays, education assistance programs, plus 401K and profit sharing. We are a successful business with a firm belief in treating our team of professionals as well as we treat our clients, and we maintain a personable, positive work environment.
Gomez and Sullivan is a water resources engineering and environmental science firm with services geared toward the renewable (green) energy and natural resource sectors. Established in 1993, our company has enjoyed over 25 successful years of business by offering our clients sustainable solutions that are technically advanced, cost effective, and resource sensible. Our engineering activities are focused in the fields of dams, hydropower, flood control, fisheries, and watershed management. In regard to environmental capabilities, our services include stream restoration, dam removal, ecological investigations, environmental impact statements, vegetation mapping, permitting and licensing, and facilitation of collaborative planning processes. We also offer high-end information technology resources, which involve database management solutions as well as efficient means of communication and data transfer throughout a project’s duration. Gomez and Sullivan’s success stems from the broad range of capabilities we bring to a project and our ability to understand and adapt to both environmental and engineering concerns.
We are employee focused and promote an atmosphere of continued learning, opportunities for a wide variety of project responsibilities, and frequent interaction with and access to the firm’s principals. Our professional staff of approximately 50 employees across four office locations (Utica, Buffalo and Albany, NY and Henniker, NH) routinely collaborate on projects, and all employees have an opportunity to meet in-person at our company meetings. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you qualify and are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume and cover letter using the “apply now” button to Pam Gomez. Please reference Job ID 2019U01.