Do you enjoy challenging work and project variety?
Are you interested in applying your talents to a company that provides innovative solutions for the water resource and renewable (green) energy sectors?
If so, Gomez and Sullivan Engineers would like to hear from you.
Gomez and Sullivan is a growing firm with a national reputation for excellence, and we are seeking a motivated individual committed to continuing this tradition. Our company has an immediate opening for a full-time Business Administration/Accounting Professional in our Utica, NY office location. The successful candidate will perform a range of duties, including: accounting associated with monthly invoicing, bookkeeping, payroll processing, financial reporting and tax preparation. The successful candidate should be willing to perform additional administrative and HR tasks and provide support to our engineering staff as needed. The position will require multi-tasking, and attention to detail and the ability to handle confidential information are a MUST. Our small-office environment requires a team player attitude and flexibility with a variety of daily tasks.
- Accounts receivable (monthly invoicing and tracking, account status responses upon request)
- Accounts payable
- Payroll processing and associated human resource reporting/quarterly payroll tax reporting
- Reconciliation of bank and credit card accounts
- Support corporate tax preparation by an outside CPA firm
- Annual corporate filings with multiple states
- Accrual & overhead reporting
- Providing financial reporting and business management support to CEO/CFO
- Project support to technical staff
- Four-year degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or related field
- Strong background in accounts payable/receivable
- Experience with payroll and financial reporting
- Mature individual who is able to handle sensitive financial information appropriately
- Experience working with databases and accounting programs (i.e. QuickBooks Accounting)
- Adept with Microsoft Office/Office 365 (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Aptitude to work independently with a high level of organization
- Initiative to perform beyond their assigned tasks
- Experience in corporate/personal income tax reporting and/or HR and benefits administration is a plus
- CPA is a plus
Gomez and Sullivan offers a competitive benefits package including medical insurance (cost shared) for all regular full-time employees and their families, long-term disability, sick, vacation, holidays, education assistance programs, plus 401K and profit sharing. We are a successful business with a firm belief in treating our team of professionals as well as we treat our clients, and we maintain a personable, positive work environment.