Reward yourself—work for a company that appreciates you.
Do you enjoy challenging work and project variety? Are you interested in applying your talents to formulate innovative solutions for the water resource and energy sectors?
If so, Gomez and Sullivan Engineers would like to hear from you. We are a small, growing water resources consulting firm with a national reputation for excellence. We are seeking motivated individuals committed to continuing this tradition. Our company has an immediate opening for a Civil/Water Resources Engineer with experience in hydrologic and hydraulic modeling for watershed, river, reservoir, and dam studies at our Henniker, NH location. A classic quaint New England town in the heart of south-central New Hampshire, Henniker offers reasonable costs of living, a variety of restaurants and shops, and excellent schools, as well as great recreational opportunities nearby in the White Mountains or at the seacoast.
Our New York and New Hampshire offices comprise a multi-disciplined team of engineers, scientists, technicians, and support staff that promotes close coordination and team building. The company is employee-focused and encourages an atmosphere of continued learning, exposure to a wide variety of project responsibilities, and frequent interaction with the firm’s principals.
Hydrology and hydraulics are key elements of our nation’s water resources and renewable energy sectors. River restoration, fish passage design, aquatic habitat studies, floodplain mapping, large river basin runoff modeling, dambreak analyses, and real-time flood forecasting are just a few of the exciting water resources engineering services we provide. We utilize leading modeling approaches such as computational fluid dynamics (CFD) modeling for hydraulic structures and two-dimensional (2D) and three-dimensional (3D) riverine hydraulic modeling. Our company is seeking a committed, detail-oriented individual who will be able to utilize their knowledge and experience, as well as current software technologies, for our clients’ immediate and future projects.
Below is a summary of potential responsibilities associated with the position. While applicants may not be experienced in all of these areas, it is important to possess an openness to educational opportunities to expand upon current skill sets.
- Hydraulic modeling using HEC-RAS/GeoRAS, as well as 2D, 3D, and CFD models, for river restoration, fish passage design, aquatic habitat studies, dambreak analyses, etc.
- Hydrologic modeling using HEC-HMS/GeoHMS or similar to develop flows for hydraulic models
- Operations modeling and energy analyses using HEC-ResSim or similar for the development, upgrading, or relicensing of hydroelectric projects
- Topographic/bathymetric field surveying to support model development
- Data analysis, mapping, and drafting using ArcGIS and AutoCAD/AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Technical writing for project documents
- Marketing of professional services, proposal writing, cost estimating, and project scheduling
- BS in civil engineering or other appropriate field
- Registered as a Professional Engineer (PE) or registered as an Engineer-in-Training and eligible to become a registered PE within 1 to 2 years
- Committed to maintaining PE registrations in multiple northeast and mid-Atlantic states to support our regional business practice
- 3 to 5 years of experience preferred
- H&H technical background and familiarity with:
- Hydrologic modeling software such as HEC-HMS, HydroCAD, or similar
- Hydraulic modeling software such as HEC-RAS or similar
- ArcGIS and/or AutoCAD/AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Topographic/bathymetric field survey
- Experience with any of the following is desired: hydropower, dam safety, fish passage, river restoration, streambank stabilization, dam removal, and/or flood control
- Additional experience with any of the following is a plus: 2D, 3D, CFD, and/or operations modeling; sedimentation; stormwater; natural sciences; permitting
Gomez and Sullivan offers a competitive benefits package including medical insurance (cost shared) for all regular full-time employees and their families, long-term disability, education assistance programs, plus 401K and profit sharing. We are a business with a firm belief in treating our team members as well as we treat our clients, and we maintain a personable, positive work environment.