Reward yourself—work for a company that appreciates you.
Do you enjoy challenging work and project variety?
Are you interested in applying your talents to formulate innovative solutions for the water resource and energy sectors?
If so, Gomez and Sullivan Engineers would like to hear from you. We are a growing water resources consulting firm with a national reputation for excellence. We are seeking motivated individuals committed to continuing this tradition. Our company has an immediate opening for a Water Resources Engineer with experience in hydrologic and hydraulic modeling for watershed, river, reservoir, and dam studies at our Utica, NY location. Utica offers reasonable costs of living, a variety of restaurants and shops, excellent schools and colleges, as well as great recreational opportunities nearby in the Adirondacks or Finger Lakes.
Our Utica, NY office has a multi-disciplined team of civil, water resources, and structural engineers as well as support staff. Our small-office setting promotes close coordination and team building, as well as frequent interaction with the firm’s principals. The company is employee-focused and encourages an atmosphere of continued learning, collaboration between offices, and exposure to a wide variety of project responsibilities.
Hydrology and hydraulics are key elements of our nation’s renewable energy sector. Real-time flood forecasting, computational fluid dynamics modeling for hydraulic structures, large river basin runoff modeling, dam break analysis, and two-dimensional riverine hydraulic modeling are just a few of the exciting water resources engineering services we provide. Our company is seeking a committed, detail-oriented individual who will be able to utilize their knowledge and experience, as well as current software technologies, for our clients’ immediate and future projects.
Below is a summary of potential responsibilities associated with the position. While applicants may not be experienced in all of these areas, it is important to possess an openness to educational opportunities to expand upon current skill sets.
- Hydraulic modeling using HEC-RAS/GeoRAS for floodplain mapping, dam break analyses, river restoration and dam removal projects, dam safety and rehabilitation studies, etc.
- Hydrologic analyses using HEC-HMS/GeoHMS or similar to develop flows for hydraulic models
- Operations modeling and energy analyses using HEC-ResSim or similar for the development, upgrading, or relicensing of hydroelectric projects
- Data analysis and mapping using ArcGIS
- Technical writing for project documents
- BS in civil engineering or other appropriate field (MS preferred)
- Registered as an Engineer-in-Training
- H&H technical background and familiarity with:
- Hydrology and modeling software such as HEC-HMS, HydroCAD, TR-20, TR-55, or similar
- Hydraulics and modeling software such as HEC-RAS, MIKE, or similar
- Dam safety, hydropower, flood control, and/or fish passage experience desired
- Additional experience with any of the following a plus: AutoCAD, operations modeling, sedimentation, natural channel design, streambank protection, storm drainage, snowmelt, meteorology, geotechnical analysis/design, survey and bathymetry, natural sciences
Gomez and Sullivan offers a competitive benefits package including medical insurance (cost shared) for all regular full-time employees and their families, long-term disability, education assistance programs, plus 401K and profit sharing. We are a business with a firm belief in treating our team members as well as we treat our clients, and we maintain a personable, positive work environment.
If you qualify and are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume and cover letter using the “apply now” button.