Reward yourself—work for a company that appreciates you.
Do you enjoy challenging work and project variety? Are you interested in applying your talents to formulate innovative solutions for the water resources and energy sectors?
Gomez and Sullivan Engineers is a growing engineering and environmental science consulting firm with a national reputation for excellence. We are seeking a motivated individual committed to continuing this tradition. Our company has an immediate opening for a Seasonal Field Technician with experience in vegetation assessment and wildlife surveys. This position will be based out of either our Albany, NY or our Utica, NY office. The ideal candidate would be a well-rounded individual with experience in field sampling and data collection methods, wetland delineations, wildlife surveys, and vegetation assessments. We are seeking a committed, detail-oriented individual who will be able to utilize their knowledge and experience for our clients’ immediate and future projects.
This is a Full Time, Seasonal position. The work will begin mid-May and last through the fall of 2021 with flexible start/end dates. Please note the posting for this position closes March 10, 2021.
- Participation as part of a field crew, potentially acting as crew leader, on a wide variety of assignments
- Maintaining field records and reports
- Operation of scientific equipment such as GPS and GIS field mapping instruments
- Interaction and coordination with professionals from other resource disciplines
- Adherence to safety protocols
- B.S. in environmental sciences or natural resources (biology, ecology, botany, forestry, etc.)
- 1 to 5 years experience field experience
Experience in the following areas:
- Field sampling and data collection
- Wetland delineations
- Wildlife surveys
- Vegetation assessments
- Environmental Monitoring
- Permit Compliance Monitoring
- Erosion and Sediment Control
Additional experience with any of the following is a plus:
- Soils and sediment sampling
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Inspections
- Tree and herbaceous plant species identification
- Topographic/Bathymetric surveys
- GIS mapping
- Analysis and interpretation of study results
- Assistance with written scientific reports and other visual presentations of study results
- Application of knowledge, skills, and abilities to evaluate impacts of various resource uses on vegetation and wildlife
- Interaction with agency and non-governmental organizations on study planning and reporting
If you qualify and are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume and cover letter by March 10, 2021 using the “apply now” button.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, disability or marital status.
Address application materials to Jason George.