Reward yourself—work for a company that appreciates you.
Do you enjoy challenging work and project variety? Are you interested in applying your talents to design innovative solutions for the water resource and energy sectors?
If so, Gomez and Sullivan Engineers would like to hear from you. We have a growing regional practice in the northeast and mid-Atlantic states and a national reputation for excellence in civil engineering design relative to the water resource and energy sectors. We are seeking a motivated individual committed to continuing this tradition. Our company has an immediate opening for a Senior Civil Engineer in our Henniker, NH location. A classic quaint New England town in the heart of south-central New Hampshire, Henniker offers reasonable costs of living with no income or sales tax, a variety of restaurants and shops, and excellent schools, as well as great recreational opportunities nearby in the White Mountains or at the seacoast.
Our New York and New Hampshire offices comprise a multi-disciplined team of engineers, scientists, technicians, and support staff that promotes close coordination and team building. The company is employee-focused and encourages an atmosphere of continued learning, exposure to a wide variety of project responsibilities, and frequent interaction with the firm’s principals.
Our engineering services center on the design of dams, hydroelectric developments and associated infrastructure (e.g. penstocks, valves, etc.), stream restoration projects, habitat improvements, fish passage structures, and recreational facilities. Our staff have considerable civil/site engineering experience to support these projects, including site design (e.g., grading, utilities, roadways/parking, stormwater management, water handling, erosion and sediment control), construction sequencing, permitting, and bidding and construction phase services. We are seeking a committed, detail-oriented individual who will be able to utilize their knowledge and experience for our clients’ immediate and future projects.
- Project management, including management of project budget, schedule, and risk, coordination with clients, etc.
- Development and review (QA/QC) of feasibility studies, design plans and specifications, quantity take-offs, engineering cost estimates, construction sequencing plans, and permit applications
- Assistance with bidding and construction phase services
- Preparation of supporting design reports to document engineering calculations and design, leading of design teams, and coordination with affected disciplines
- Leading of technical discussions with regulators and clients as well as public meetings
- Technical writing for project documents, as well as review of junior engineers’ technical writing
- Technical guidance and mentoring for junior engineers in their project work and development
- Marketing of professional services, proposal writing, cost estimating, and project scheduling
- BS in civil engineering (MS preferred)
- Registered as a Professional Engineer and committed to maintaining registrations in multiple northeastern states to support our regional business practice
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 15+ years of experience preferred in the following areas:
- Project management
- Evaluation and design of civil projects
- Management of specification writing, cost estimating, permitting, bidding and construction phase services
- Hydrologic/hydraulic analysis and/or geotechnical analysis/design a bonus
- Design of recreational facilities, habitat improvements, stream restoration projects, fish passage structures, roads, earthworks, dredging, storm drainage, and/or flood control projects desired
Gomez and Sullivan offers a competitive benefits package including medical insurance (cost shared) for all regular full-time employees and their families, long-term disability, education assistance programs, plus a 401K and profit sharing. We are a business with a firm belief in treating our team members as well as we treat our clients, and we maintain a personable, positive work environment.