Gomez and Sullivan Engineers Celebrates 25 Years of Business
Gomez and Sullivan Engineers is happy to announce that on February 8, 2018, the company proudly celebrated its 25th anniversary. Originally opening its doors in 1993 with offices in Utica, NY and Weare, NH, Gomez and Sullivan has come a long way since the company’s inception. Founding principals Jerry Gomez and Tom Sullivan hoped to create a successful water resources engineering and environmental science firm by providing quality consulting services and maintaining a strong client base. These core values have served them well over the past two decades and Gomez and Sullivan continues to work diligently to provide the best services in the industry. The constant support of the firm’s employees and their families, clients, and colleagues in the water resources, energy, and environmental science sectors have allowed the company to flourish, and they look forward to everything the future has in store for Gomez and Sullivan Engineers.
Twenty-five years after opening its doors, Gomez and Sullivan has grown both physically and in its professional capabilities. They currently employ approximately 50 full-time, part-time, and casual employees as well as seasonal interns in four different office locations, with some employees working remotely in other areas. The firm’s capabilities have expanded to include a multitude of services in the dam safety, hydropower licensing and compliance, engineering, stream and habitat restoration, hydrology and hydraulics, fisheries and fish passage, environmental studies, and information management fields with employees specializing in over 15 different disciplines.
Gomez and Sullivan staff have completed the following notable accomplishments over the past 25 years:
- Over 100 dams have been inspected and evaluated by Gomez and Sullivan.
- Gomez and Sullivan has been responsible for the investigation, design, and construction oversight for the rehabilitation of more than 60 dams.
- Performed various aspects of the engineering and environmental evaluations and permitting associated with hydroelectric licensing on more than 100 projects, with installed capacities ranging from less than 1 MW to over 2,000 MW.
- Over 500 stream miles have been studied by Gomez and Sullivan staff in the development of new hydrologic and hydraulic models for Flood Insurance Studies.
- They have assessed the removal of over 20 dams throughout New England and New York.
- Flood Insurance Rate Maps have been developed for over 780 stream miles using digital topographic models and GIS software.
- Well over 100 hydraulic/hydrologic studies have been performed.
- Performed over 100 Dam Break/Inflow Design Flood Studies, as well as the preparation of 75+ Emergency Action Plans.
For more information about Gomez and Sullivan, please visit GomezandSullivan.com.